- Oswego, Illinois, 60540
Up for sale is a rare US-Spec 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 finished in the original Vintage Red(NU) over black interior. The R1 is one of 1,665 R1 produced during its single model year production run. The car shows 18,000 original miles and is powered by a lightly modified sequentially-turbocharged 1.3L 13B-REW two-rotor engine mated with a five-speed manual transmission.
The desirable R1 model came without a sunroof, or cruise control but had an additional oil cooler, front and rear spoilers, and stiffer springs and front strut bar. It was considered one of the rawest forms of RX7 produced.
The R1 interior features bolstered seats trimmed in black microsuede upholstery, and the cabin is equipped with air conditioning. A MOMO insert was added to the driver-side floor mat, and a double-DIN Alpine stereo with a screen is installed in the factory location. An A’PEXi PC commander is mounted to the right of the center stack.
- A’PEXi stand-alone engine management
- Pettit Racing air intake
- GReddy intercooler and intercooler plumbing
- Exedy Clutch kit
- Aftermarket blow-off valve
- Pettit Racing downpipe
- Racing Beat cat-back exhaust system
- TKT underdrive pulley kit
- MKIV Supra-specification fuel pump
- 1,200cc primary fuel injectors
- Aluminum radiator and expansion tank
- Silicone radiator hoses
- Polished 18″ Sports Max Racing wheels
- Falken Azenis RT615 tires 235/40 front and 265/35 rear
- Cross-drilled and slotted rotors and braided brake hoses, EBC brake pads
- Adjustable Tokico shocks have been installed
- The left-front fender lip has been damaged by contact with the tire.
Receipts, records, and spare parts will accompany the car. This FD3S R1 is now offered by the selling dealer in Illinois with service records, partial receipts, spare parts, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Arizona title.