- Scottsdale, Arizona, 85260
This beautiful 1996 Subaru Wrx STI Type RA Version 2 is 1 of 852 Japanese-market examples ever created! Finished in Glacier White and powered by a turbocharged EJ20 mated to a close-ratio 5-speed gearbox and AWD system.
This Type-RA has some exterior modifications that include Work Meister S2R wheels, and an aftermarket carbon fiber hood scoop. The stock turbo was swapped out to a Version 5 VF28 Turbo and the fuel pump was upgraded to accommodate the increased airflow.
The interior features the original two-tone grey/black interior which shows well and modifications have been limited to a Personal steering wheel, aftermarket radio, and boost gauge. The odometer shows 98K kilometers which is roughly 60,000 miles.
- Closed deck Turbocharged 2.0L EJ20 engine
- 5 Speed manual transmission with DCCD
- Intercooler spray system
- Manual Windows and locks
- Roof Vent
- Airconditioning (A/C compressor has been removed)
- Factory rear spoiler
- Unpainted mirrors and handles
- Fifth fuel injector mounted into the intake manifold
- 360 LPH Fuel pump
- Work meister s2r wheels
- Full vibrant exhaust
- Yellow jacket upgraded coilpacks
- St Suspension Coilovers
- STI V5 VF28 Turbo
- Greddy Blowoff valve
- Carbonfiber hood vent
- Personal Steering wheel
Known flaws & issues
- The hood has been replaced and the color does not match
- The driverside quarter panel has a dent between the wheel and door.
the car was imported into the states and is currently in Arizona. No rust on it or under it. The undercarriage is very clean in this car. Car makes good power. The Type Ra's are very different from a normal STI. They came with shorter gear ratios, along with the DCCD trans, which is a center diff controller. Roll up windows, nonpower mirrors or locks, unpainted mirrors and handles, the fifth injector, lighter glass, no abs or a/c, the roof vent, and no rear wiper.